Saturday, December 10, 2011

A Dusty Prism

The light of life is what I really am, to say that it is within me is arrogant and incorrect. I AM the light of life, the immortal photonic essence of light that so wants to express itself through this mortal coil.

Many ancient cultures have described the expression of this life light as a rainbow spectrum of behavioral aspects that emanate from the human prism through channels the Hindus called Chakras. Ever wonder at the presentation of these Chakras as a rainbow of color?



I know how most prisms get dusty. Media hypnosis, cultural conditioning, confounded consciousness.



I hear people. They ask the barista, "Can I get a..." before making your coffee order. They say "No, I am just looking..." when the salesperson asks "...can I help you?". They greet your friends and family with "Hi, how are you?" and they respond, "Fine, how are you?". They leave them with, "Have a nice day."

When you ask me, "how are you" and 90% of the time I do not answer, we both feel a little bit awkward.

These are not social "niceties" as you might argue, they are socially programmed reactions, they are shields of true intimacy, the intimacy that is the convergence of the rainbows that we all yearn for and may never experience. It is up to us.

2 comments:

Donita O. Buda said...

What is a TRUE contstant? We can say, 'change' or 'the Northern Star' or 'the light of the Sun'...For the short time we have on this Earth, let us just say LIGHT...(too many divorces to say LOVE anymore, and too many killings to say 'Love of Humanity,' but wouldn't that be nice?) I enjoyed the exercise, but I do not think it 'arrogant' to think there is a 'light within us' especially when one survives a traumatic physical trauma, one cannot always rely on others or outside forces...Sometimes, we are FORCED to create/inspire a LIGHT FROM WITHIN and if it gets you through your time of sadness or darkness, then why should it be considered 'incorrect' or 'arrogant?' Mom always told me to 'be more humble' but she is gone now and we were always taught to THINK FOR OURSELVES...Also, the Buddhists say to be 'wisely selfish'. At times, this is very neccessary...So please explain to me why I shouldn't say, "God/Light is Within Me"...This is what The Unitarians believe and they accept all faiths, no one being BETTER than another...

Bruce Magnotti said...

An important clarification. If I say "I have the source of the life energy within me", I am arrogantly referring to myself as the important variable, i.e with the life source within.

The life source (light source) is what we really are. The voice that says things is an expression of that light energy.